Monday, July 1, 2013

My Friends, the Machines


Vitamix Blender
My life is currently being driven by two machines, The CADD-Prism VIP Pump and The Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend Blender. The first pumps TPN nutrition into my bloodstream from a bag in a backpack, while the second lets Terry prepare the food going into my poor abused stomach and small intestine. The blender came with an excellent cookbook of hot and cold purees, and I’m managing to eat pretty well. Salmon / potato soup, and cold pea soup with mint are a couple of early hits.

I’m enjoying being home. I’m still feeling weak, but experiencing no pain, except for some stomach discomfort, which is controllable.

I’m drawing a lot of comfort from my iTunes streaming music - currently Solid Air, my friends from Petaluma. I’ve also been digging The Duck Baker Trio, Ted Greene, Dinah Washington, Gillian Welch and Natalie Dessay.
CADD-Prism VIP Pump - Lower Left


No comments:

Post a Comment