Monday, July 22, 2013

Hanging In

I'm still in the hospital on day five of the last chemo cycle. It's been tough, I can't lie. My lung biopsy resulted in a partially collapsed lung, which hurts. Luckily, that's now resolved, though the results aren't 100% conclusive. It's evidently very unlikely that it's cancer or t.b. Some docs are saying we may never know. I don't have any symptoms, just spots on the c.t. scan.

With that issue aside, I still feel really funky. It's hard to describe to those who have never had chemo. Neuropathy in my hands and feet is especially annoying.

I remain able to read a bit and I'm into "The Searchers", a recent release that covers the Cynthia Ann Parker / James Parker true story and the making of the movie based on the story. It's excellent. It's the third book I've read about the Parkers. Cynthia's son, Quanah was the first chief of all the Comanches.

Allegedly, I'll start to get better in 10 more days. One hopes.

1 comment:

  1. Re Getting better: It does happen, altho I suspect you will get a little worse before you start getting better. It crept up on me, and may still be happening 2+ years later.

    ReplyDelete