Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Update + Movie Review

I'm now past the nadir of this chemo cycle - the penultimate. It looks like we're going to make it through without my having to go to the hospital, which is a good thing.

Dr. K confirmed that I am "cured" of my original lymphoma. These last cycles are prophylactic, like all cycles are for most cancer patients, of course. Unfortunately, I still have the new issues to deal with, the most pressing of which is that my weight is way down. However, I finally have some appetite, and I'm hopeful to get back on track eating-wise.

I've been watching a lot of movies and other video. Best has been "Looper", a time travel Sci-Fi thriller with a pretty cool premise. Bruce Willis hasn't shown much range in his career, but he does a great job doing his usual macho thing here.

I can't see traveling backwards in time ever happening. It would play havoc with verb tenses, for one thing (he he). We already travel forward, obviously. We could even travel forwards rapidly in theory. We just need to move fast enough, as you can see here.

1 comment:

  1. I can see us seeing back in time, if not travelling there. In one sense that is what our telescopes are doing, sometimes seeing back billions of years. By that same principle we get a computer and program it to tell where everything in range of its camera was one second ago, then a second before that, etc. I think it might be done by analysing wind currents as they are caused by something moving. It woud take a good deal of computing power, but each year they become more powerful. Seeing into the past is in the future, it's just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete