Sunday, June 30, 2013

Video Reviews


Thought I’d review some video I’ve been watching. 

Terry suggestrf this video blog by Jerry Seinfeld. It’s a fun concept, especially if you like coffee, comedians and cars, which I do. My personal favorite episode - Alec Baldwin. Best car - '69 Jag XKE (with Sarah Silverman).

As for movies, the best I saw in the last couple of weeks was "End of Watch" about two street cops in South Central L.A. Good performances, lots of action and a nice buddy bro-mance between the partners. Warning - It's depressing . 

"The Listening Room" was also watchable.The male and female leads worked well together and there were some nice action scenes. It was extremely cynical, and had one logical hole that brought the movie down for me. 

I also watched some episodes of "The Glades". Best part is the relationship between the hero and his girl friend. They are really cute together. I think I'll give up on it, though. The perpetrator always turns out to be a peripheral character. You know it's never going to be one of the main two or three suspects. I've called the results half way through for three straight episodes.

It's great to be home. Food is so much better, for one thing. The welcome from the animals was not as enthusiastic as last time, but Judy did give me some lap time. Terry is pillar of strength as always. 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Home Dale!
    At the podium Friday with your names in front of me prompted some sincere wishes to be seeing you two before long in the Cafe. Of course, I'll be making a reservation to drop by Terrace Walk as soon as I get Terry's schedule, so we'll be talking soon. Glad to see you doing better.

    Onward and upward,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. See you here soon and not much longer back at the cafe.

      Delete