Friday, May 3, 2013

New Round of Chemo, Lesson Learned, and Thanks


I started my third round of chemo yesterday. I’m walking around with my own little pack and pump that his shooting me the juice in 24 hour cycles. We’ll be going in to the the Cancer Center once a day for a refill.

With modern counter measures, or whatever you call them, I’m feeling pretty good and the prednisone (taken orally) is keeping my appetite up. I’m still able to play guitar and might even put something up on YouTube. I’ll post here if I do. Sports on t.v. - Go Warriors - and Wallander police procedurals on the Kindle are filling up the rest of the time very well. The mid-point of the whole process is in sight! 

I learned a lesson the hard way day before yesterday. I pulled out the Indian food leftovers, mixed some stuff up and microwaved it for lunch. At Ajanta (really great Indian restaurant which is luckily very close to us) they include spinach with the meat main courses, and black eyes peas with the vegetarian main courses. Previously, I had had everything except the black eyed peas. This time I mixed them in. Big mistake. I had the mother of all stomach aches.

I was able to man up and ride it out with help from anti-nausea and pain pills, and the knowledge that stomach aches do pass eventually. So, no more black eyed peas for a few months. Luckily, I woke up yesterday with a normal appetite. It was an eight hour incident that is now behind me.

Nice card arrived in yesterday’s mail from the Ross-Hanna family. Thank you! And thanks for all the comments here and the emails, and the nice phone call from Marta and Martin. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment