Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dreams


It’s really great to be home. I slept about ten solid hours last night, with the Ms by my side for eight of them. Both our pets were really glad to see me. Of course, one expects a good greeting from one’s doggie, but one never knows with a cat. Judy (our cat) actually jumped in my lap, sniffed my nose, and started purring. That’s pretty clear she was glad to see me, no? Very Rewarding!

I was dreaming all night and remember two dreams pretty well. 

In the first I was staying in the basement room at the house I grew up in on Reno Rd. in Washington D.C. I went out the door and up the funky back brick stairs. (You remember, Marta. Maybe you too, Allison and Dalton). I got to the top of the stairs to discover there was a huge party going on in the back yard, which was all of sudden a different and much larger and more ornate back yard. A big ugly bald guy walked by with no pants on carrying a young woman wearing a bridal gown (calling Dr. Freud). 

In the second dream I was at the workshop of guitar builder Harvey Leach (who built a custom guitar for me - see picture). I picked out a guitar I wanted called “The Omicron Special”. I don’t remember much about it. I think it might have looked a little like the Princess guitar John Fahey played (see “The Red Pony” video by Fahey on YouTube). Anyway I started writing out a check with the name of the guitar in the “payee” field. I realized I was screwing up and woke up. That’s why I remember the name of guitar so clearly. I have no idea where this name came from. I didn’t even know “omicron” was a Greek letter until I looked it up this morning.

I’m hanging in there, entering the alleged best five days of my cycle before starting my next round of chemo. I’ve learned the next batch will be a little weaker, which is good news. It will be chemo treatment four of six, so the 2/3 mark is next to check off.

No comments:

Post a Comment