Sunday, April 28, 2013

Being Active While I Can


I’m due to start chemo again in a couple of days, so while I’m feeling good I'm being active - uploading videos and pitching in with the cooking. This afternoon I walked around the block for the first time.

Speaking of videos, be sure to check out my YouTube Channel for all my videos. If you like them, click “like”. Here is a video I put up today.

As for cooking, I just finished one of the simplest but most delicious recipes I know and I’ll share it -


Home Made Croutons

Pre-heat over to 400 degrees F

Use one or two day old unsliced bread (fresh takes too long to bake).

If the crust is very light just start in, if it’s thick, cut the bread in half lengthwise.

With your fingers rip the bread into crouton size chunks (much better than slicing, I promise)
Put bread chunks in a bowl and infuse with extra virgin olive oil (pour in a bit, “stir” by hand. If necessary add a bit more etc). You want all the chucks to be well coated.

(You can add dried herbs, chile oil or whatever you think might spice up the crouton, but if it’s good bread and good oil this is not at all necessary.)

Place croutons in a single layer on a cookie sheet or baking dish

Put in oven. Check after 10 minutes. Take out when golden brown. It will probably take 15 minutes or so.

4 comments:

  1. I "liked" both versions ... I liked twice, it's all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale, your voice sounds better than ever. Beautiful true to form version of ...Baby Blue! I posted Duquesne Whistle to my FB page so all your CP friends can get a look at your joyful finger-pickin'. I grew up in Pittsburgh and Duquesne (the fort, university and all the trains) was part of the everyday landscape and vocabulary. great to add your singing and playing to my store of memories.

    All the best to Terry. Tell her to call me before she gets up on that ladder again.

    All the Best, Steve

    ReplyDelete