Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home Again


All 136 pounds of me is sitting at my own desk, weak as a kitten. But I just finished breakfast on my second morning home and it feels great to be here. I’m feeling better than yesterday and my optimism is pretty high that I’ll get through it all. I think I’m close to the 1/3 mark, though the reattachment of my large intestine will be tacked on to the end of the original time frame.

Now I’m going to give myself a pat on the back (Here goes the right hand - felt good. Nice pat) for installing a bannister on our stairway.  We had been thinking about getting older and how a bannister might be necessary soon, so we had it put in in January. I could probably be making it up and down the stairs without it in my current condition, but it certainly helps.

New routines are in effect now. We have a regular dog guy who picks up Koz-B at 10 a.m. and keeps him until 2 p.m. or so out running around with some other doggies. Koz-B is a pretty social little guy, so it’s good for him. A friend of ours and a local teenager are helping us out with walks later in the afternoon for the K boy as well.

Judy, the cat, seemed pretty happy to see me. Of course you can never be sure with a cat, but she has been following me around and snuggling up against me.

Chemo brain is showing itself. I picked up a towel yesterday morning that appeared to be glittering in some strange manner. WTF?! On later observation, it appeared normal. 

Terry is administering fluids to me. She has to flush my Bard Power Port, and attach a bag of fluids to drip into me  for four or five hours, and then re-flush at the end. I'm getting two sessions of this per day. The home version of my moveable fluid cart is much lower tech than the famous hospital "espresso" set up.

Major kudos again to all my visitors at the hospital and the great cards I received. It made a difference. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting home. You're well on the way back now, I would say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you say so, that's good enough for me. Thanks.

      Delete